Principal, Head of Global Thought Leadership at PWC; Co-Author of The Self-Made Billionaire Effect: How Extreme Producers Create Massive Value
Dr. Sviokla has explored extreme value creation, industry disruption, and digital transformation of industry and society. His most recent project is the book The Self Made Billionaire Effect: How Extreme Producers Create Massive Value (with Mitch Cohen) which is the first ever study of self-made billionaires and the lessons for corporate executives Dec 2014, Penguin Portfolio. (www.pwc.com/billionaire)
Dr. Sviokla created some of the very first thought leadership on the coming world of digital competition (Managing in the Marketspace, Harvard Business Review (HBR) 1994, Exploiting the Virtual Value Chain, HBR 1995) and has been extensively published in many journals including Sloan Management Review, WSJ, Financial Times and appeared on CNBC, Bloomberg , and Fox News. He serves a variety of clients and is a frequent speaker on topics of disruption, growth, and emerging customer behavior.
Main areas of expertise
- Strategy, leadership & innovation. He has wide ranging knowledge of many industries and businesses, deep understanding of leading practice and research into industry disruption, customer behavior, economics, business design & leadership.
Relevant, recent, client experience:
- Ongoing consulting on new business models, customer behavior and innovation in financial services, consumer products and industrial products.
- Strategic analysis of compensation, enrollment and technology for a global insurance carrier.
- Global strategy for leading services company.
John Sviokla is a Principal with PwC Advisory in the US. He heads up the firm’s global thought leadership efforts. He serves on the firm’s Advisory leadership council, and he runs The Exchange – an ongoing think tank for clients and world class business leaders.
- Bachelors (1979) Harvard College.
- Masters (1983) and Doctorate (1986) Harvard Business School.
- Harvard Business School Faculty 1986-1998.
Vice Chairman of the Board & Chief Innovation Officer Diamond Management Consultants (NASDAQ DTPI): 1998-2010.http://www.pwc.com/us/en/self-made-billionaire-effect/index.jhtml